Monday, August 18, 2014

Guest Post | Makeup Revolution Sugar 'n Spice Palette Review

Hi everyone! I’m Bea and I blog over at As Seen By Bea. You must have heard by now about Makeup Revolution; the brand that is pretty much taking over everyone’s blogs with their incredible range and affordable prices. It just goes to show that you really don’t need to pay the earth for good quality and sometimes paying more doesn’t always pay off (but I’ll save that for another post). Today I’m reviewing the Sugar n Spice blusher palette which I actually bought to take on holiday with me as palettes like these are way more practical than taking lots of individual items.
 

 
This palette contains 8 totally different shades, 6 of which are blushers and 2 highlighters. I’ll be honest and say this palette may be best suited to deeper skin tones due to how rich the colours are. I can get away with them when used with a very light hand but shades such as the one in the bottom left of the palette I wouldn’t even try unless I had a little more of a tan! When I first tried the palette, I went straight in with my brush and swept it across my cheekbones, happy as larry. Until I looked in the mirror and was sporting beautiful, bright pink clown cheeks. Not a good look! Or at least not the one I was going for. Believe me when I say these blushers are seriously pigmented and a little really does go a long way.
 
 
 
My favourite shades from the palette have to be the third one in on the top row and the third one in on the bottom row. When used lightly, they look so natural and just create a healthy looking glow which definitely helps to make me a look a bit more awake! This palette is ideal for taking on holiday with you as there is so much choice and variety and it will last you forever.
 
Have you tried any products from Makeup Revolution?
 
Thanks for reading!
Bea x
 
Share:

4 comments

  1. This looks gorgeous, I'm really impressed with how inexpensive & pigmented it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those swatches are amazing. I definitely need to try it for myself.. I love their blushes so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEEED this palette! It's so soooo nice,

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this looks gorgeous! I like how there are different finishes in this pallete - I need this :)
    www.reebeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Expat Make Up Addict | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig