Saturday, August 2, 2014

Guest Post | Makeup Revolution I ♡ Makeup "I am Sexy" Eyeshadow Palette

Hi my name's Gemma and I blog over at MissMakeupMagpie, and I'm so excited to be guest posting here on Stacey's amazing blog. I really hope you enjoy reading my guest post....

Makeup Revolution I ♡ Makeup "I am Sexy" Eyeshadow Palette and Lipstick
Makeup Revolution I ♡ Makeup "I am Sexy" Eyeshadow Palette and Lipstick

Makeup Revolution's I ♡ Makeup line recently launched a range of four 'I am' palettes which each contain a selection of six eyeshadows and a lipstick shade to compliment the shadows within the palette. Each of the four palettes are £5.99 and I have the 'I am Sexy' palette*. The I ♡ Makeup line is very much targeted towards the young/teenage beauty obsessives with their product and shade names as well as their packaging designs - the 'I am Sexy' name of this palette is a little bit cringeworthy in my opinion. The palette is a compact, square shape with a mirror within the lid. The lipstick included with the palette fits snugly into a slot next to the eyeshadows which I think is a nice touch, especially for travel or for carrying in your handbag.

Makeup Revolution I ♡ Makeup "I am Sexy" Eyeshadow Palette and Lipstick
Makeup Revolution I ♡ Makeup "I am Sexy" Eyeshadow Palette and Lipstick

The first five eyeshadows within the palette are shimmery and the last shade is a matte black that contains silver glitter. The last four shades within the palette are impressively pigmented and easy to apply.. however the first two shades aren't as pigmented and creamy as the other four shades, and need to be built up and worn over an eyeshadow primer. The last shade; the black, does cause a lot of fallout so I'd recommend either using it with a damp brush, or to apply your shadow before your foundation/base. My favourite shade is the third shadow on the top line.. it's a gorgeous lilac taupe which looks so pretty when worn alone all over the lid. 

I'd say that the I ♡ Makeup I am Sexy Palette would be perfect for those who love to create and wear smoky eyes. I really love the inclusion of the jewel tone purple amongst the other smoky shades. I like how you could create quite a neutral look with the top three shades as well as a smoky eye, although you would need to dip into other palettes if you prefer to use a matte shadow as your crease/transition shade - which I do. 

Makeup Revolution I ♡ Makeup "I am Sexy" Eyeshadow Palette and Lipstick

The lipstick included in the palette has a metallic, pink, plastic casing which matches the writing on the front of the compact. The lipstick doesn't appear to have a shade name but it's a blue toned red shade with a satin finish. Due to the satin finish, it's not the smoothest of lipsticks to apply.. and does work better when layered over lipbalm. The shade and finish of lipstick is extremely similar to MAC's RiRi Woo Lipstick (review) - they even apply the same. I do love a good blue toned red.. they're so flattering and help give the illusion of whiter teeth. 

I have to be honest and say that this isn't my favourite product I've tried from Makeup Revolution so far, but I do still think it's a great little palette, which at £5.99 is undoubtedly amazing value for six large eyeshadows and a full size lipstick. 

Have you tried anything from Makeup Revolution yet?
Gemma xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Expat Make Up Addict | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig